2016 Llewellyn ATV Poker Run – Participant/Rider Waiver of Liability
Event – ATV Poker Run organized by The Good Intent Hose Company #1 of Llewellyn, PA
Landowner / Lessee – Collectively, the following persons or entities, whose property the Event traverses or comes within close proximity to, including their principals, officers, employees and agents:
The County of Schuylkill
The Township of Branch
The Township of Reilly
Brook Ringtown Rentals
Earl A. Kemfort
Felmor Associates, LLC
Gordon Land Corp (Ryan Contracting)
Muddy Creek Sportsmans Club
Robert C. & Susan M. Weaver
Selkirk Enterprises LLC
Swatara Coal Company
Organizer – Collectively, the Good Intent Hose Company #1 of Llewellyn, PA, its officers, directors, members and volunteers
Participant(s) – Any operator or passenger taking part in the Event. Participants must be physically and mentally healthy, with no conditions that will put themselves or others at risk.
Vehicle – Collectively, any ATV, UTV, Dirt Bike or other off-road vehicle. Vehicles must be lawfully registered, inspected and insured, as required by law, with no known condition that might render the Vehicle unsafe in any way
In exchange for participation in the Event and any associated activity, including but not limited to camping, and for use of the Organizer’s and Landowner / Lessee’s property, facilities and services, I agree:
1. To assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself, and further release and discharge the Organizer and Landowner / Lessee for injury, loss or damage arising from my use of or presence upon the property of the Organizer or Landowner / Lessee, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, a Participant, the Organizer, or the Landowner / Lessee.
2. To indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer and the Landowner / Lessee against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my use of or presence upon the properties of the Organizer, and the Landowner / Lessee.
3. To pay for all damages to the properties of the Organizer and the Landowner / Lessee caused by my negligent, reckless or willful actions.
4. To NOT knowingly or willfully travel off the Event course during the Event.
5. To NOT traverse the Event course at any point in time other than the day of the Event. I understand the property of the Landowner / Lessee is otherwise posted against trespassing and I MAY BE prosecuted for trespassing by the Landowner / Lessee.
6. To NOT operate a Vehicle on Commonwealth or Township roadways as it is strictly prohibited and I MAY be prosecuted, as prescribed by Commonwealth law.
7. To NOT litter, damage or otherwise deface the property of the Organizer or the Landowner / Lessee.
8. To refrain from possessing or consuming alcohol on the Event course as it is strictly prohibited.
9. To, as Participant riding upon a non-enclosed Vehicle, wear a minimum of a DOT approved helmet. I understand my decision to wear or not wear a DOT approved helmet does not void this Waiver of Liability.
10. To, as Participant riding in an enclosed Vehicle, recognize that it is strongly recommended that I wear a helmet and safety restraints. I understand my decision to wear or not wear a DOT approved helmet does not void this Waiver of Liability.
11. To adhere to all rules on the Rules and Regulations sheet provided in my Welcome Packet; Rules and Regulations included in this Release of Liability; any and all posted rules or warnings; any oral warning or instruction given by the Organizer.
12. That this Release of Liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive, as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
13. That if any portion of this Release of Liability is held invalid, the remaining portions shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
14. That I have read and received a copy of this Release of Liability and fully understand its terms.